- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
Is fire good for the environment? Let's answer this burning question.
Fire has been present in the Western Australian landscape for millions of years – since long before the arrival of humans – and it has influenced the evolution of plants and animals. Engage in biological fieldwork to examine the impacts of fire on the environment. Discover the role fire has played in the evolution of our forests and the interdependent relationship of fire and the Australian bush. Learn about traditional burning practices and the difference in fire behaviour between wildfire and prescribed burns.
Biology ATAR Unit 1, Biology General Unit 4
COST: $16 per student (minimum payment for 20 students)
Excursion runs from 10am to 2pm including 30min for morning tea and lunch. Start and finish times can be adjusted to your needs.
- Perth Hills Discovery Centre, Mundaring
- Forest Discovery Centre, Dwellingup
- Maximum students per group is 30. Multiple groups can be accommodated.
- Our booking officer will get back to you via email to confirm your excursion including COST within 5 working days.