Dieback - bulldozing our biodiversity
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
Fighting the "Biological Bulldozer", can it be stopped?
The arrival and spread of Phytophthora dieback disease in Western Australia has been catastrophic for a number of ecosystems. More than 50% of WA’s rare or endangered plants are susceptible, many of which are only found in the south-west. Through hands-on activities students will get a practical understanding of the “biological bulldozer”. Students will be introduced to the treatment, tools and processes used to manage the spread of the disease and undertake a stem injecting activity to help protect trees and prevent further dieback spread.
Biology ATAR Unit 4, Geography ATAR Unit 1, General Geography Unit3, Integrated Science ATAR Unit 2
COST: $16 per student (minimum payment for 20 students)
Excursion runs from 10am to 2pm including 30min for morning tea and lunch. Start and finish times can be adjusted to your needs.
- Perth Hills Discovery Centre, Mundaring
- Forest Discovery Centre, Dwellingup
- Maximum students per group is 30. Multiple groups can be accommodated.
- Our booking officer will get back to you via email to confirm your excursion including COST within 5 working days.