Monitoring marsupials Western Shield trapping excursion
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
Take part in a hands-on trapping session. Mix bait and set traps in late afternoon and return the next morning to measure and release animals. This is a great citizen science project for students to be part of Western Shield research.
This program is only available for Year 11 and 12 students when booked with a Biology related excursions. Early bookings are essential as there is limited places. It is highly recommended the school undertakes the Western Shield Fauna Biology excursion prior to the trapping to maximise and consolidate learning outcomes.
COST: $14.00 per student (minimum charge for 20 students). Extra cost for Western Shield Fauna Biology Excursion
- Perth Hills Discovery Centre, Mundaring (Two trapping locations)
- Forest Discovery Centre, Dwellingup
- Maximum students per group is 30. Multiple groups can be accommodated.
- Our booking officer will get back to you via email to confirm your excursion including COST within 5 working days.