Living with fire
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
Learn about about the impacts of bushfire and how we respond to them
Bushfires are a natural part of our environment. They can have a major impact on our communities and the environment but are also important in maintaining biodiversity. In this program students learn about the impacts of bushfires and how we can respond to them and mitigate their effects. Students learn when, where and why bushfires occur and the impact they have on our native plants, animals and human communities. Students are introduced to methods of bushfire prevention and learn the importance of being prepared. The
excursion includes hands-on experience with a range of firefighting tools and equipment.
COST: $16 per student (minimum payment for 20 students)
Excursion runs from 10am to 2pm including 30min for morning tea and lunch. Start and finish times can be adjusted to your needs.
Science, HASS, Priorities – Sust, A&TSI
- Perth Hills Discovery Centre, Mundaring
- Forest Discovery Centre, Dwellingup
- Maximum students per group is 30. Multiple groups can be accommodated.
- Our booking officer will get back to you via email to confirm your excursion including COST within 5 working days.