- Duration: 90 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Wilson, Western Australia
Year 5 and above
How living things adapt to changes in the physical environment. (Please note: Choose any time to be taken to the booking page. You can
choose your exact desired time in the booking form)
The Kent Street Weir on the Canning River has been in place for nearly 100 years. Students have the opportunity to investigate the role of the Weir, how it has altered the river system and how plants and animals have adapted to changes in the physical environment. Students compare fresh and salt water ecosystems by conducting salinity tests on either side of the Weir and map changes in vegetation along the River.
COST: $8.00 per student (minimum payment for 20 students)
Excursion duration is 1.5 hrs and can be booked between 9:30am and 2:30pm.
Science, HASS, Priorities – Sust
- Canning River Eco Education Centre, Wilson
- Maximum students per group is 30. Multiple groups can be accommodated.
- Our booking officer will get back to you via email to confirm your excursion within 7 working days.