Fauna biology (Western Shield)
- Duration: 270 Minutes (approx.)
Years 11 and 12
Western Australia’s native wildlife faces many threats to survival, particularly from introduced predators. Students will learn how Parks and Wildlife’s key Conservation Strategy, Western Shield, is re-establishing native animal populations through introduced predator control and fauna monitoring. In a hands-on experience, students will use real-world techniques to sample native fauna and gain an understanding of analysing population data (abundance). This skill will assist further exploration in the classroom with additional data provided from Nearer to Nature monitoring sessions.
Biology ATAR Unit 1, Biology General Unit 4
COST: $14.00 per student
- Wellington Discovery Forest, near Bunbury
- RAC Margaret River Nature Park
- Maximum students per group is 30. Multiple groups can be accommodated.
- Our booking officer will get back to you via email to confirm your excursion within 7 working days.