- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
Fire has been a natural part of the environment in south-west WA for millions of years. This excursion enables students to investigate a range of fire-related topics. How prepared are buildings to bushfire? What is a prescribed burn and how does it make the bush safer? What is in a Parks and Wildlife fire truck? How does the forest recover after a fire? You can create your own excursion for a single class up to a whole year level by choosing from these activities:
Bushfire in the landscape
Burn history fieldwork
Fire truck observation
Plan your response
For further information on each activity see our Years 7 – 10 excursion details document.
COST: $16 per student (minimum payment for 20 students)
Excursion runs from 10am to 2pm including 30min for morning tea and lunch. Start and finish times can be adjusted to your needs.
- Perth Hills Discovery Centre, Mundaring
- Forest Discovery Centre, Dwellingup
- Maximum students per group is 30. Multiple groups can be accommodated.
- Our booking officer will get back to you via email to confirm your excursion including COST within 5 working days.