Testing testing H2O
- Varighed: 90 Minutter (Ca.)
- Sted: Wilson, Western Australia
Year 11 and 12
Please note: Choose any time to be taken to the booking page. You can choose your exact desired time in the booking form
A comparison of water quality
The Kent Street Weir on the Canning River provides a unique location to compare two river systems. Students utilise field equipment to assess abiotic features such as pH, salinity, turbidity, dissolved oxygen and nutrient levels both upstream and downstream of the Weir. Water quality data is compared and discussed in terms of the impacts on aquatic life and the long-term management of the Canning River.
Biology ATAR Unit 1/General Unit 4, Integrated Science ATAR Unit 2/General Unit 1, Geography ATAR Unit 3/General Unit 1.
COST: $8 per student (minimum payment for 20 students) includes GST
Excursion duration is 1.5 hrs and can be booked from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
- Canning River Eco Education Centre, Wilson
- Maximum students per group is 30. Multiple groups can be accommodated.
- Our booking officer will get back to you via email to confirm your excursion within 7 working days.
If you have any questions in regards to this activity, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You need to submit and online enquiry form for any program, no bookings will be taken via email or phone.