SIGNALs in the Stream
- Durée: 2 Heures (environ)
- Lieu: Wilson, Western Australia
Years 11 and 12
Please note: Choose any time to be taken to the booking page. You can choose your exact desired time in the booking form
An ecological snapshot of river health
Using the SIGNAL model as an assessment tool, students gain an indication of water quality in the Canning River by sampling and classifying aquatic macro-invertebrates. Results are discussed within a broader framework of sustainable water management within the Swan-Canning River catchment. The role of the recently installed fishway at the Kent St Weir will also be considered.
Biology ATAR Unit 1/General Unit 4, Integrated Science ATAR Unit 2/ General Unit 1, Geography ATAR Unit 3/General Unit 1.
COST: $9 per student (minimum payment for 20 students) includes GST
Excursion duration is 2hrs and can be booked from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
- Canning River Eco Education Centre, Wilson
- Maximum students per group is 30. Multiple groups can be accommodated.
- Our booking officer will get back to you via email to confirm your excursion within 7 working days.
If you have any questions in regards to this activity, please email us at email@example.com. You need to submit and online enquiry form for any program, no bookings will be taken via email or phone.